I am writing this post to explain step by step process how we can create a custom report in SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) using Report Builder 3.0.
The minimum requirement to create the custom report using Report Builder we need to install the Reporting Service Point Role in SCCM site.
In this blog, I will create a custom report to fetch application installed and its version.
Let’s get started 🙂
1) Open the SCCM Console and navigate to monitoring . GoTo-> Reports->Create Report.
2) Provide the name of the report which you want to have it for this scenario I will name it as “Mayukh – Report to List Installed Applications” . Select the path where the report will reside in SCCM under “Reporting“. You can customise and have a custom folder under Reporting in SCCM .
3) Click “Next” , “Next” , “Finish” . After you close the wizard Internet-Explorer will automatically launch , security warning dialog box will be prompted click “Run” to proceed. If you have installed Report Builder 3.0 it will directly launch the Report Builder where you can directly customize and create a report.
4) Once the report builder will be launched GoTo-> DataSource -> Click on Properties. We will create a “Datasource” and in case if you have limited admin rights to connect to SQL Database you need to provide your credentials to proceed.
To make sure your credential provide is correct and you can able to connect to Database instance click on “Test Connection“. You can see the successful message box .
5) Now create a dataset and select the Data Source and click “Test Connection“. Click on “Edit Text ” and paste the SQL query . Click “!” to execute the query and see query works as expected and click “Next”.
6) Arrange the different fields as shown below and click “Next”. Click next , next and keep all the settings as default .
7) If you would like to customise and have better look and feel you can design it . Click “Run” to execute the report and check if it works as expected.
8) If everything looks fine , remember to save the report before you exit.
You can download and run the report directly from below link :